Friday, August 20, 2004

My new favorite periodical

Sorta bein' from Texas and all, I'm naturally suspicious of anything from New York. But the New York Press is about the best thing I read in years. Their reviews of John Kerry's convention speech and of George W. in general are spot on priceless.

I can understand how someone could base his (or her) vote on the "devil you know" principle. I can also understand how someone could base a vote on the "fool me once shame on you" principle. And, of course, the "lesser evil" goes without saying. I can even understand the "our side versus your side" thing. But I am mystified, dumbfounded, even, that anyone could actually support either candidate. I never thought I'd long for the days of Dole and Clinton....

But anyway....

I've always thought of Georgie-boy as a Lesser Evil, but I think I'll probably vote for Nader as a protest vote. Maybe I'll write on Carter. Or maybe RWR. Does the 22nd Amendment reset on death? Not that it matters, given the fact that I live in Texas and the outcome is a forgone conclusion.

Call it a hunch, but I don't think I'll be getting that federal judicial appointment that I've been wanting. Not anytime soon anyway. Maybe Ron Paul will run for President again. Maybe monkeys will fly....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home