Saturday, June 11, 2005

A note about the blog title.

As I've mentioned before, Wang Chi is a character in Big Trouble in Little China, one of my all-time favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, you can read about it on Mutant Reviews. I don't know where the "House of Pancakes" part came from except that Wang Chi owned a restaurant in the movie, and I was looking for something that's open all night.

Anyway, while browsing through the wares at the Wing Kong Exchange (where you can get Jack Burton's tank top and Wang Chi's jacket), I ran across Big Trouble in Little South Park. I thought it was pretty funny. Probably not so funny if you haven't seen the movie, though.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I've seen Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russell on the telephone to his insurance company about his truck is my favorite part. And, I love South Park. Thanks for the link. It's hilarious!

Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wang, I have seen some very good of Big Trouble in Little China. I may break down and rent the movie. South Park, however, seems a little silly and innane.

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last comment was supposed to say "very good reviews."

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home