Sunday, May 29, 2005

Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down
There's a whole lot of rhythm going round

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down
There's a whole lot of rhythm going round

Ow, we want the funk
Give up the funk
Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funk

Ow, we want the funk
Give up the funk
Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funk

Guess who's back in town?
Yup. The best dance band I know. Jive Train.

So what if they don't have a lot of original songs. When they do covers, they do them at least as well as the originals. And, more importantly, they have a knack for picking the right songs to keep the party going.

They're now appearing along with some of the other bands I make a point of seeing on the side bar.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Sorry I missed The Funk again. That's two I've missed. I hope it's not three strikes I'm out.

Wait, if we count the time I missed Satisfaction, that's three.
Let's just call the Satisfaction thing a foul out toward left field, shall we?

By the way, the sidebar links are looking good but Jive Train is out of Baton Rouge.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Just make sure you're there on June 10 for Hells Bell.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:24:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wild horses couldn't keep me away (paraphrasing the Stones there).

Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Wild horses keep dragging me away (quoting that country singer who had one good song).

Sunday, May 29, 2005 4:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I heard that!!!

who are you calling wild horses? ;-)

Thanks again!

Sunday, May 29, 2005 1:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm, don't you need to leave the country to be considered an "international playboy"?...or at least be a boy playing on more than one continent....

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I've played a game of Cardinal Puff or two in Matamoros in my time.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I remember Cardinal Puff Puff. How about Zoom, Schwartz, Bifigliano? I sucked at that one, too.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered about that international playboy thing too.
It kind of implies a few things that I don't currently associate with you.
However, if you come to the boundary waters this summer I would be more than happy to help you live up to that title, no problem at all.
Convince Thumby to come along and maybe you can become "kinky international playboy" too!

Sunday, June 05, 2005 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Perhaps the confusion resulted from my failure to include the word "sophisticated." As in "sophisticated international playboy."

If you don't recognize the reference, Google does.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 7:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

careful wang, you are outting a sock

Monday, June 06, 2005 1:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should read the music reviews more often. You have too much fun in here and the gossip much more titilating.

Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home