Monday, May 23, 2005

It's 2:00 a.m..... (Reprise)

It's 2 A.M......

It's 2 A.M. the fear has gone
I'm sitting here waiting the gun still warm.
Maybe my connection is tired of taking chances
Yeah there's a storm on the loose
Sirens in my head
Wrapped up in silence all circuits are dead.
Cannot decode my whole life spins into a frenzy...

Maybe it's not that dramatic, but you get the point.

Or not. (Incidentally, the credits go to Golden Earring, Twilight Zone.)

And it's really 2:30 now, I don't have a gun (on me), and my only connection is an Internet connection. But the office sure is warm.

And the reason that I'm here at the office at this ungodly hour is that I have work that absolutely positively has to be done today (Monday, that is). It's stuff that I've been trying to get done for the last two weeks, but it just refuses to get done. I even took it to Vegas with me, and it still wouldn't get done. Damn work.

So now it's crunch time, when all the Whos in Whoville are asnooze in their beds, and I generally find the strength to write the briefs of ten Grinches plus two. Which is what I'm counting on happening now.

But that's not why I'm writing.

I'm writing because while I work, I'm listening to a pre-release copy of Al Stewart's latest "A Beach Full of Shells" (available to the general public on June 21). And I thought that, since this is The Most Informative Site on the Net™, I'd take a break from brief writing now and then to give my impressions of the album.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

And my first impression is that it's a very pleasant album. I didn't notice that there are any tracks that I'd skip next time I listen to it.

And after a few listens, it only gets better.

Unfortuantely, I suspect that a lot of people would dismiss it as elevator music. Just because it's so easy to listen to.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Welcome back! Did you have to bring the Vegas heat back with you though?

Monday, May 23, 2005 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home