Saturday, June 11, 2005

Mooned by Angus McWannabe

Hells Bells at Antone's. But first, Oliver Black. Okay, I guess. The band played competently and the singer belted 'em out. And she looked good doing it. But something was missing. I think it might have been song writing. That can be a problem for bands that insist on doing original material. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

And then Hells Bells took the stage. On their website, they say they "will rock your ass," and they're not kidding. They do AC/DC just like AC/DC. Even down to the point of the Angus character shedding his school boy uniform during the performance (I wonder what Jacko would think). And their singer has a hat that he wears when he's Brian Johnson and takes off when he's Bon Scott. And when he's being Brian Johnson, he sounds like Brian Johnson; and when he's being Bon Scott, he sounds like Bon Scott. The only discernible difference between Hells Bells and AC/DC (other than the size of the venue) is that the Hells Bells version of Angus doesn't sweat nearly as much as the real thing.

But back to the title.

Sometime when I wasn't paying close attention, the Angus character lost his jacket. And then they played a few more songs. Then they went into Jail Break. And during the break, Angus did a sort of a striptease as he took off his shirt. And then he mooned the audience. Hadn't seen him do that before, although is seems like appropriate Angus Young behavior.

The band was great, but the people I was with were keen to get over to The Vortex to see Devil Doll. They're a good band--one I'd go see again--but they're no Hells Bells.

Oh well. It's my own fault for giving in to peer pressure.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I can't believe I missed seeing Angus' bum just because I had to get up early this morning!

I read about Devil Doll in the paper and I heard Oliver Black on Live at Five as I was driving home from work. They both seemed interesting.

Three good bands and I stayed home! At least I'll feel good for today's road trip. Dammit.

Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Just after Angus dropped his drawers, the woman sitting next to me said "all of the sudden, I want him."

Saturday, June 11, 2005 3:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, that would definitely do it for me!

Wang caved to peer pressure, I am SO shocked!

Saturday, June 11, 2005 7:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the first time I got flashed by a guy. A couple of houses down lives one of my guy friends and he was having a party. So, everyone there decides to come into my front yard and wake me up. I get up and my driveway is like a sausage fest, about 20 teenage boys standing there. One dude had on a Chinese robe that I really liked. I made the comment, "hey, I like your robe." He gives me a sly little grin and says, "wanna see what's under it?" I was a bit confused and all of a sudden he opens it and he's completely naked!!!! He started doing this wiggle thing with his hips. I almost had a heartattack. I turned around and screamed, "PUT IT AWAY!!!!"

I still have nightmares.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Chinese robe.... Showed you his "Wang".... This is all a little too close to home.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I watched AC/DC Live at Donington last night and Angus did drop his knickers.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home