Tuesday, October 05, 2004

It's 2:00 a.m.....

It's 2 A.M......

It's 2 A.M. the fear has gone
I'm sitting here waiting the gun still warm.
Maybe my connection is tired of taking chances
Yeah there's a storm on the loose
Sirens in my head
Wrapped up in silence all circuits are dead.
Cannot decode my whole life spins into a frenzy...

Maybe it's not that dramatic, but you get the point.

Or not. (Incidentally, the credits go to Golden Earring, Twilight Zone.)

And it's really 3 a.m., and I didn't have a connection. But still....

I did walk down to the office (driving is still a bit of a no-no). Checked my e-mail and so forth, and walked home. Maybe 3 miles each way. I haven't measured it.

It was a cool, though humid night, and not at all unpleasant. The dog seemed to enjoy it, anyway.

I love not having to get up for work in the morning.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I don’t know where your house is, nor do I know your dog. However, I do know where your office is and I would venture to say it would have been safer driving blind than walking there at 1:00 a.m.

May the force be with you.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Did I mention that the dog's a rottweiler and I have a concealed handgun permit?

Thursday, October 07, 2004 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I get the picture. A tall blonde white guy walking through downtown at 1:00 a.m. with a Rottweiler, an eye patch and a bulge in his pants (the gun I mean). I don't think a crackhead would even go near that.

Thursday, October 07, 2004 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

It reminded me of a scene from Thomas Wolfe's "Bonfire of the Vanities." I dobn't remember the details, but it involved a rich white guy in a military-looking coat with a big dog (stepping out to call his girlfriend from the pay phone). Never even occurred to him that the young African-American gentleman across the street who he was trying to avoid might also find him intimidating.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Holy cow! I can die happy. I've been compared to Stephen King if only for one sentence. Bless you Geoff.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 6:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is highly disturbing.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home