Monday, May 09, 2005

I've been pseudonymized!

Given the profession of the former owner of this blog and his penchant for bad-mouthing the Texas Supreme Court, he's decided to start posting under a pseudonym. Actually, it's not him at all anymore, but a totally different person who has now taken over his blog. The person whose name appeared on prior posts is no longer affiliated with this blog in any way.

Really.

He's turned the whole thing over to Wang Chi, in whose honor this blog was named. The name comes from "Chi," meaning "vitality" or "life force," and "wang," meaning "Wang," or an outdated computer. Either that or a character from one of finest examples of the cinematic art: John Carpenter's "Big Trouble in Little China." I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Really.

And since "The Person No Longer Affiliated With This Blog" is no longer affiliated with this blog, his "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" metaphor for the Supreme Court of Texas will no longer be used. (It was stolen from Bob Hilliard anyway.) Henceforth, the Supreme Court of Texas will be known as "The Lords of Death" (who are, after all, only errand boys for the business interests behind the Wing Kong).

Thank you and good night.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I'm going to miss that other guy but I have a feeling things are about to get very interesting in here.

(What was the name of those guys in the alley with the big hats in Big Trouble? I think I want to dress like that for Halloween.)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Those would be the Three Storms-- Thunder, Lightning and Rain.

And about the hats-- Check out Kihachi Okamato's "The Sword of Doom," (starring Tatsuya Nakadai and Toshiro Mifune). You'll see the hats. But they're in Japan, not China.

Nevertheless, I'll bet that's where Carpenter (or his costume designer) got the idea.

And yes. In addition to my other eccentricities, I'm a fan of samauri movies. Don't like the Hong Kong stuff, though, which might seem odd for someone named Wang Chi.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure that you are eccentric. Perhaps everyone else in your town is just prosaic.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Trust me on this, Thumbalina, I'm more than a little "different."

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you implying that you have some sort of alternative lifestyle?

Or, are you saying that you're just plain old peculiar?

I am assuming the latter is correct.

Sleepless and Single in Miami

Friday, May 20, 2005 9:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wang means hope or wish.

Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Bill--

Not an ABC. Wanf Chi is just a pseudonym.

When I started this blog I needed a name, and I happened to have Big Trouble in Little China playing in the background. Wang Chi is a character in the movie. And he owned a restaurant. And the House of Pancakes is a restaurant that's open all night.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Unknown (f/k/a Thumbalina):
I didn't mean to impy an "alternate lifestyle" in the conventional sense.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Unknown (f/k/a Thumbalina):
And how did you know that I like Old Peculiar? (Old Peculiar is a dark and exceedingly rich English Ale. Guiness is thin and watery in comparison.)

Sunday, May 22, 2005 10:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your former wife told me.

Thursday, June 02, 2005 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home