Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wouldn't it be funny if....

As I mentioned in a previous post, the plain language of Texas's recently enacted anti-gay marriage amendment would also ban conventional marriage. Or, more precisely, prevent the State from according marriage any legal significance.

So here's what I think would be a real hoot-- As long as Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle is busy persecuting Tom DeLay, why not call Mr. DeLay's wife as a witness against him and ask her what he's told her about all this?

Prior to November 8, 2005, it was clear that she wouldn't have to testify against her hubby due to the application of the marital communication and spousal privileges. But if the State of Texas can no longer "recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage," how could it possibly recognize legal privileges based on marriage?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Pure evil. I like it. I think my friends over at Falafel Sex will like it, too. I shall alert the media.

I also like the South Park rendition of your Wang Chi persona. (I created one but couldn't figure out how to copy it to my hard drive.)

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

That would be a terrible (cough) shame now (cough) wouldn't it?

Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home