Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fred Eaglesmith at Courville's

Last Wednesday, Fred Eaglesmith played at Courville's. Although I've never actually heard Eaglesmith's work, it was a show that I'd been looking forward to. And as an added bonus, 9SD, my favorite band of local boys was opening the show.

But would you believe it? When I called Wednesday morning to make reservations, the show was sold out. I'd never even heard of Fred Eaglesmith apart from an announcement at a previous Courville's show that he'd be along shortly, and I've never seen Courville's advertise their concert series anywhere (except on their newly added webpage). Oh well, maybe next time.

Adam Carroll, another guy I've never heard of, will be playing there on April 6. I guess this time I'll have to be sure to make my reservations at least a week in advance.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I haven't seen a bad show at Courville's, yet. I hope April 6 is still gumbo season.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jack!

Great blog on our shows!
I'm the guy who comes up with most of these artist...the big brother is getting the hang of it though.
Its his money so he gets the final call. We do mostly word of mouth advertising. Sort of keeps those who really like listening in the loop.....not the kind of events you socialize at but it does happen now and then.
I'm a Drive-By-Trucker fan too! have not seen them yet...great writers!
I'll make sure you get in the door for Eaglesmith..Oct 22nd 06 he may do two shows and if he does they both will be completely different.
Give me a ring 409-658-8609 or email me at donniecourville@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Donnie

Monday, July 31, 2006 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home