Friday, March 17, 2006

Spam du Jour

Charlie Brown's got competition.

Momoh Adams writes:


From : momoh adams
Reply-To : momohadams@walla.com
Sent : Friday, March 17, 2006 7:48 AM
Subject : urgent response needed
X-Originating-IP: [216.139.164.86]


urgent response needed

DR momoh adams.
DIRECTOR OF INVESTIGATION,
UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC,
MARINA-LAGOS,
NIGERIA.

I AM SEEKING FOR YOUR COOPERATION TO PRESENT YOU TO MY BANk AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO MR RICHARD PETERSON, A FOREIGN CONTRACTOR WITH NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM COOPERATION (NNPC): SO THAT THE SUM OF USD$26.8M=ILLION WILL BE PAY TO YOU AS THE BENEFICIARY. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I AM THE= DIRECTOR OF INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT WITH UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.

THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF UNION BANK OF NIG.PLC, MANDATED ME TO LOOK FOR ANY KNOWN RELATION OF MR RICHARD PETERSON,SINCE, AFTER HIS DEATH 5/1/03, HOWEVER ALL MY EFFORTSTRACES ABORTIVE,

THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I AM WRITING YOU THIS TO ASK FOR YOUR COOPEARATION FOR US TO CLAIM THIS MONEY, SINCE YOU ARE A FOREIGNER.I ONLY HAVE TO APPROVE YOU, THIS FUND WILL BE PAY TO YOU AS THE BENEFICIARY

WE ARE TO SHARE THIS MONEY BETWEEN OURSELVES (I AND YOU) IF YOU ARE REALY IN TERESTED IN THIS OFFER YOU SHOULD CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY. FOR DETAIL OF THIS TRANSACTION AND PRECEDURE. PLS DO FORWARD ME YOUR FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE AND FAX NUMBER, YOUR COMPANY NAME OR OCCUPATION THESE INFO, ARE VITAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THIS TRANSACTION. NOTE THAT THIS IS RISK FREE BUSINESS, THIS TRANSACTION WILL COMMENCE IMMEDIATELY THERE IS INTEREST FROM YOU.


YOURS TRUELY

DR momoh adams.


If anyone's interested in picking up a few million dollars risk free, please feel free to contact Dr. Adams on my behalf. I'll split the take 50/50. In the meantime, I have pressing business in Benin:


From : emionu@lycos.co.uk
Sent : Thursday, March 2, 2006 1:32 AM
To : "emionu emionu"
Subject : NEXT OF KIN NEEDED
X-Originating-IP: 64.201.33.48



CHIEF EMI ONU & CO. L.L.B. L.L.M B.L LEGAL PRACTITIONER AND CONSULTANT MEMBER CONSTITUTION DRAFTING COMMITTEE 1995. Hello my friend, I am calling from Benin Republic West Africa. I am Barrister Emi Onu, an English speaking Beninoise, Solicitor & Financial Attorney/Consultant. I was moved to contact you based on the present condition of things here.There is a foreigner who registered with me as his personal Attorney and he was a stock broker as well as a one time secret agent in importing oil from overseas for our former Ministers. My client was also a Diamond/Gold Merchant. So, on 2nd June 2001 my client made a numbered time (Fixed) deposit for US$10.700,000.00(Ten Million,Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars Only) with a Bank here in Benin,with standing statement/agreement with the bank that all correspond! ences in respect to the fixed deposit contract must be sent to him through my humble chambers. Upon maturity, the routine notification was sent to me, which I dispatched to his forwarding address as usual without no reply. After a month, I sent a remind er which I received from the bank without any reply again. Finally, I discovered from my client's contract employee that he died among many others on Sept.11, 2001 Terrorist attack. But,he died without making any will and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.I also discovered that he did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his fixed deposit contract with the bank.Hencefort, I seek your consent to present you to this bank as the next of kin based on the official letter I just received from his bankers reminding me that BENINOISE LAW states that at the expiration of five(5) years the money will revert to the ownership of the BENINOISE Government if I do not confirm the next of kin to claim the fund. Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to my deceased client since you shares the same surname and also from this same country so that the fruits of thisold man's labor will not go into the hands of some corrupt government officials. Note that this transaction is simple and risk free because I will provide expert legal services that will guarantee the successful execution of this deal. If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible through phone, I shall provide you with more details and how we shall proceed with the claims.I expect you to observe utmost confidentiality and be rest assured that this transaction would be profitable for both of us. Thanks as I await for your reply. Best Regards, Barr Emi Onui Esq.


Lycos iQ - show what you knoW: iq.lycos.co.uk


As an aside-- I looked up the IP addresses associated with these emails on hostip.info. It guessed that Dr. Adams was in various US cities (it guessed differently every time), but it seemed fairly sure Emi Onui was in Stoney Creek, Canada. What's up with that? IP spoofing? Computer recycling? High school pranks? Or what?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy the one's from the supposed wives of a men who have been killed in the recent bombing in Iraq, Lebanon, where ever in the middle east. Their husbands were such great guys, usually civil servants who somehow acquire mass sums of money in a secret account that the wife can't get access to with your help...

So not only were they bad estate planners, they were crooks as well!

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"that the wife can't get access to with your help..."

I meant withOUT your help

Sorry


PS why is Al Stewart at the bottom of your list of bands????

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home