Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A very late post

It was Jive Train again at Antone's. And they were as good as ever, which is to say better than pretty much anyone else. Maybe George Clinton and a few others could do it better, but it would be a pretty short list.

But before Jive Train, while hardly anyone was paying too much attention, Joe Lee McCoy and his guitar had the stage for an hour or so. And he used his time well.

While his was playing, I was thinking of Creedence Clearwater Revival doing Lodi. Not that his music was like theirs; just the image of a guy who was doing much better music than the crowd deserved. If he only had a dollar... and all that. I hope he finds his way back soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you remember it now ;-)

I will do you one better, when I post what I did over the 4th of July weekend.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

The Joe Lee McCoy CD that I got that night is great, too. He's also a poet. (I linked my post to this one, by the way.)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 5:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home