Monday, July 04, 2005

Cheesy Monkeys

I saw the Fondue Monks at Antone's the other night.

I should probably leave it at that, but I won't.

And I should probably say that they're a very good band. And I will. They are.

But I was in a strange mood that night, and the main things I noticed about them is that they did The Doors very well and that their singer seemed to have an unusual fascination with his own buttocks.

Now go back and read that again, but in a Forrest Gump voice and you'll get the idea. Or not.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I love them Fondue Monks but perhaps I've been blinded by Denver's buh-tox. Next time I see them, I'll keep my eyes closed and see what I think. Well, I might peek a little.

You're right about their best covers being of the Doors but I think they also do Jimi Hendrix very well. What did you think of Roz, the bass player?

That's four shows I've missed with you (Satisfaction, Jive Train, Hell's Bells and now Fondue Monks). Perhaps you didn't get the full effect of the Monks without my brilliant play-by-play commentary?

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home