Sunday, June 26, 2005

When I got home from RockFest last night....

RockFest was quite an experience. More on that later.

After RockFest last night (this morning, really), I came home to an unusually dark house. It seems that something funky's going on with my 80+ year old wiring, and I've lost power to most of the front part of the house. One window air conditioner works in the living room, but there's otherwise no power except in the kitchen, bedrooms and attic. The bathrooms, living room, dining room, hall, and garage are all dark. The TV, stereo, computer, garage door opener, etc., are all non-functional.

What fun.

I checked the fuse box and everything seemed to be in order. And I checked the circuit breakers, and they also appeared to be in order. Yes, the house has both fuses and circuit breakers; some parts of the house run through the fuse box and some parts through the breakers. It appears to have been wired by one or more Evil Geniuses. My guess is that one of the breakers fried itself without tripping, and that everything will go back to normal if I replace the right one without electrocuting myself.

I suppose I should probably call an electrician, but I'm afraid that any reputable electrician would take one look at the wiring and refuse to fix anything without first rewiring the whole house.

So I guess ol' Wang won't be posting a whole lot until this little problem gets taken care of.



Blogger Laurie said...

Oh, my God! Don't touch anything! Rewiring the house will be cheaper than the hospital bills. Electricity scares the crap out of me.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home