Sunday, September 25, 2005

Where's my damn money?

They're saying that Beaumont's closed. There's a dusk to dawn curfew for those who are there, and they're going to try to remove them, and no one gets back in. Damn them. Who the hell are they to tell me I can't go home to my own house? So what if there's no electricity or drinkable water? I have propane for the grill. I'm picking up a generator tomorrow morning. I have a sufficient supply of gasoline. I have plenty of food and water and bourbon and candles and tequila. I have everything I need there (assuming the house is still there). I can take care of myself just fine. I don't need their damn "services." I don't need them to make things "safe" for me before I'm allowed to go home. I don't need them to take care of me and make it all better. I live there, damnit. I should be there attending to my own house and my own neighborhood, not sitting here in Tyler without a damn thing to do. It's a dry county, for chrissake! There's not even a liquor store within 20 miles!

But if they're going to make me a refugee, what I want to know is when they're going to give me MY $2000 debit card? Damn it, I want my money, and I want it now!

I knew I never should have left town. I'll never listen to those bastards again.

Never again.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry they won't let you go home, it must be very hard, in fact I can't imagine it, of course I don't really have much of a feeling of home anyway, but still I can feel your frustration.

It would probably be easier if you knew about the house, is there any way to find out?

You could use the time to bank up on sleep, take some long walks, do some thinking, maybe fix a friendship or two?

Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mommy said...

Hey, Wang. Good to know you're at least alive and safe for now.

I think they are going to have to allow people back in. How can they truly shut down a city and not let people back in? What about those people that really don't have anywhere else to go? ...sigh... It's incredibly frustrating.

Well, I won't ramble on. Save me a shot of tequila for when I finally decide to go back. I'll need it.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hang in there Wang.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 5:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure you got that all out.

Are you really sure you feel this way. No No... don't hold back!!!!

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home