Friday, November 17, 2006

Yup. That sounds about right.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North
The West
The Northeast
Philadelphia
Boston
North Central
The South
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

I was Midland also with a really heavy dose of The South. I might not sould Midland but that's evidently how I hear myself in my head.

(When I saw my age selection pushed me up to the next age group, I was almost too depressed to take the damn test.)

Sunday, November 19, 2006 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, HAAHAAAHAAAAA!!!
Crazy thing said I was from the Northeast! New York or Boston! Said that folks could tell if they actually heard me speak! That was fun.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought I already had posted my obnoxious comment, but it isn't here. So: People in the Midwest think they don't have an accent, but they do. I lived in Chicago for five years, and they do. The vowels, especially the short "a," are very flat and can sound almost whiny. You know that really annoying pager person at the Beaumont Wal-Mart ("Housewares, you have a call on Line Two")? She's from the Midwest. They don't all sound quite that whiny though. (An den dere's da Sout' Side, but thassanudder story. Da Bearss!)

And now for something completely different.

On Laurie's blog, I can post as myself, using my Google account, but here at the House of Pancakes, I have to be Other or Anonymous. I think it's because Laurie is more adventurous and has gone beta. (HINT.)

gcneqsp: Gulf coast nerds ever querying some perplexity?

Friday, December 01, 2006 8:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home