Wednesday, October 18, 2006

BIG ACOUSTIC JAM

The Courville's website says:

NOVEMBER 15, 2006 - WEDNESDAY
BIG ACOUSTIC JAM
Join us for "Big Acoustic Jam" at Courville's on Hwy 90 between Beaumont and China. We will have Hayes Carll, Jimmy Kaiser, David Lee Kaiser, Roger Marin, Mark Jungers, Ryan James, Josh Langston and Big John Mills. Tickets are on sale now for this concert by calling 409-860-9811. Limited number of tickets will be sold
.

I've had some pretty good things to say about Hayes Carll's past shows at Courville's, like this from November 2004 and this from January of this year. Those Kaiser boys are pretty good too. Seems like I saw Josh Langston there too, and he didn't suck either. I don't know anything about the rest of them, but I'm pretty sure they'll be pretty good. Donnie Courville knows how to pick his bands.

Don't miss this one.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Crossing my fingers that I'll actually finally get to see Hayes Carll.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't come. I'm singing a solo elsewhere that night. It'll be the best kind of live music, not only with no amps, but with no mikes! It will even be a capella and part of my solo is completely alone, some with choral backup, and some with two other soloists.

(It will also be in Latin.)

It will probably also be over before they get warmed up at Courville's.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, the previous post doesn't make much sense. Here's what happened: I clicked on the Courville's link, and saw that they are having something with a similar description on December 21st. That's my conflict date. Just now I realized that your blog post was about the concert in November. So sue me.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home