Thursday, April 26, 2007

Drinks I've Drunk.

In one of my late-night drinking binges a while back, I got the urge to order some absinthe. Since absinthe is considered something less than kosher by the FDA and cannot be sold in this country, it was necessary to acquire it from foreign sources. God bless the Internet.



One of the ones I ordered was Jade Absinthe Nouvelle-Orléans, which a review I read pegged as "Pretty Damned Good." In fact, all the reviews I read about it contained similar praise. In fact, the Liqueurs de France website (from which I may or may not have bought mine), says that it was the Silver Medal Winner at the 2006 IWSC.
So I guess what I'm going to say now will forever mark me as a Philistine in the absinthe drinking world. And what I'm going to say is that that's some of the nastiest stuff I've ever tasted. I don't think I would have enjoyed it less if it were pure anise extract, which is what it tasted like. Like Sambuca, only a thousand times worse. I can't believe that there are people who actually like this stuff. De gustibus non disputandum est is one thing, but this is quite another. In my opinion.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Adela said...

Anise. Ick. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Ah, but such a lovely label.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

After you finish the whole bottle ((giggle)), can I have the label?

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home