Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Political News: Ron Paul has made it official.

My favorite politician, Ron Paul, has announced that he's running for President. He's the only person running (or likely to run) that: (1) I actually like, and (2) I don't actively despise.

He's the only one in the race on the Republican side who doesn't think war is a good idea, and, so far as I know, the only candidate from either major party who voted against it before the troops were sent over. That means that, unlike most candidates running, he's smart enough to recognize that any "victory" we might win will be Phyrric, and among the rest, he's the only one who had the backbone to oppose the war when the rest of them were too stupid, spineless, or politically calculating to do what was best for the country. (When I hear Democrats talking about how Bush played on their fears and fooled them into voting for the war, I can't help but wonder why such self-described cowardly fools think they're competent to be President.)

If you have a few bucks sitting around that you don't know what to do with, send 'em here.




Edited to add: Dennis Kucinich voted against the war too. I suppose I overlooked him because I have a hard time taking him seriously.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Off we go. I had at least heard of Kinky Friedman. I am blissfully ignorant when it comes to politics. I'm sure you'll get me up to speed on Ron Paul in no time.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home