Sunday, April 08, 2007

How 'bout that Billy Joe Shaver?

Shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die....

Well, maybe it was Lorena rather than Reno, and maybe it was self defense rather than murder, and maybe the other guy didn't actually die but still, I think I hear that whistle blowin'....

Anyway, it seems that one of our favorite performers from Courville's has got himself in a bit of trouble with the law. According to the Houston Chronicle, Billy Joe Shaver shot a man outside Papa Joe's Texas Saloon in Lorena. (Lorena is just down the road a bit from Waco. What is it about Waco that makes people want to shoot each other?) Billy Joe says self defense, the other guy says it was unprovoked.



Note to self, don't heckle Shaver.

And buy his Greatest Hits album.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Kick me if I start to look at Billy Jo sideways next time he's at Courville's...unless you've got my back.

Monday, April 09, 2007 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Adela said...

I dunno what it is about Waco, but it's been that way for a very long time. My horse-thievin ancestors lived in Waco in the 1870s when it was a lot like a wild west movie. Folks got shot and lynched, stole each other's cattle, and sued each other over land lost in a poker game. And then they chased each other into Indian Territory for revenge. I'm going to write a book about them someday. . .

Monday, April 09, 2007 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Laurie-- I don't need an excuse to kick you sideways.

Laura-- Nice to hear from you agaon. I thought you'd moved on to greener blogs.

Monday, April 09, 2007 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

That word was supposed to be "again." Blame it on the Bombay Sapphire. And the lack of a spell checker.

Monday, April 09, 2007 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Adela said...

Spell checkers are for witches and warlocks.

I've not been around much, but it was nothing personal. I've been neglecting Laurie too!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I'll take that to mean you don't have my back. Good to know. I'll have to start packin' heat.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home