Saturday, May 12, 2007

Three things I learned in Vegas

1. In addition to holding the world record for eponymous albums, after forty years in the business, Chicago is still capable of putting on a damned fine show. And I was sort of surprised to see that there are still four guys left in the band from the 1969 Chicago Transit Authority debut album.

2. Although I never thought I could enjoy a Las Vegas show, Cirque du Soleil's production of KA at the MGM Grand is about the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. And the word "about" really has no place in that sentence. It was actually worth the $165 ticket price.

3. A Citation Excel makes the ride home a lot easier. About two hours and forty-five minutes in the air, and no shoe removal, pat-down, or cavity search required. A far more satisfactory experience than last time I blogged about Leaving Las Vegas.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Sounds fabulous!

I'm especially impressed with the Chicago original band members thing because every classic rock act I see these days rarely has more than two original band members and it's usually only one and almost never one of the main guys.

I've always heard amazing things about Cirque du Soleil. However, to hear such high praise from you puts it on my must see list.

Welcome home!!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Adela said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a good time. Chicago sounds like a good show. They were in Houston a couple of weeks ago, but nooo, you have to fly to Las Vegas in a private jet to see them!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Susan in St. Paul said...

Hmm, I thought you said it was going to be a 4.5 hr flight back, did you upgrade to a better jet?

I'd go see Chicago in Vegas too if it was all comped, otherwise no.

Ka sounds fantastic, glad you enjoyed it. What did you like the most about it?

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Susan,
On the way out, it was a King Air 350, which isn't even a jet at all. The Citation is sooooo much nicer, but either is sooooo much better than flying commercial. Especially out of Beaumont.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger Susan in St. Paul said...

I imagine flying anything direct out of Beaumont would be fantastic. A private jet would be even cooler, and not having to deal with all the security hassles, sounds like heaven to me.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Citation Excel makes the ride home a lot easier." Well, I suppose it would! Nice ride.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home