Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Eye Surgery Collection

The other night I was talking to someone who had a rare eye condition, and was looking at surgery. As it happened, that condition was keratoconus, and the surgery was a cornea transplant, which are things I have some experience with. So I said I'd do a post collecting my eye surgery posts, which is what this is, and which is what these are:

I guess it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. Looks like it's about time for another cornea transplant.

As sharp sticks in the eye go, that wasn't so bad. Not nearly as bad as what I remembered from the first time.

A word or two about "discomfort." It's uncomfortable.

It's 2:00 a.m..... Things are different when you don't have to go to work in the morning.

And now, a little blasphemy. And this is the judgment, that the light hath come to the world, and men did love the darkness rather than the light, for their eyes were photophobic.

More blasphemy. Still photophobic.

Nothing to see here. Move along now. No news is no news.

Now see here! And a good result is a really good thing.

Another visit to the eye doctor. And another surgery in the works.

A sharp stick in the other eye. We've got a date.

"I've never seen that happen before." What happened when it came time to do the other eye.

What I like best about being off work: Things are different when you don't have to go to work in the morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home